As financial institutions face increasingly demanding and complex regulations (e.g., AML/KYC and CCAR rules), you do not want inexperienced or poorly qualified personnel at the helm making important plans and decisions on a daily basis. While you might need commodity priced labor to get the heavy lifting done, you need seasoned experience professionals to guide your team through regulatory review and scrutiny. The multiplicity of expertise available through the TechPar network provides our clients superlative solutions to their need for outside assistance.
This need continues to grow as regulators pursue more aggressive examinations and issue harsher enforcement actions. Early involvement of TechPar to help you assess, plan and meet regulatory requirements can save you money and heart-ache down the road.
- TechPar’s Regulatory Compliance Practice offers banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions long-term strategic guidance, as well as assistance managing both business as usual (“BAU”) and remediation operations
- The collective knowledge and experience of our people are particularly beneficial to:
- Commercial banks and thrifts, from major global universal banks to community banks;
- Investment banks;
- Alternative asset managers, including hedge funds, private equity and venture capital; and
- Money service businesses (“MSB”)
- TechPar’s Regulatory Compliance Practice principals and associates are exceedingly diverse, with prior career roles as:
- Senior level Chief Compliance Officers;
- In-house and outside legal counsel;
- Examiners and senior level investigators of federal regulatory bodies;
- State and federal law enforcement officials; and
- Senior executives at banks/financial institutions covering all areas of operations, including project management and Information Technology.
Current and Recent Regulatory Compliance Engagements
- Major Global Banks
- Provided project management, subject matter expertise, training and quality assurance resources to numerous major global banks on various Know Your Customer (“KYC”)/Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) remediation and BAU client on-boarding and transaction monitoring projects
- Supported major global bank’s initial rollout of enterprise wide Global AML Policy, working closely with bank-wide Compliance and Policy management teams to establish appropriate implementation of Policy and facilitate necessary modifications
- Performed enterprise-wide gap assessment for major global bank’s implementation of new core banking system, analyzing operations/systems potentially impacting the core banking system against federal regulatory requirements governing those operations/systems
- Supported major global bank’s Internal Audit Services group on enterprise wide internal audits
- Other Financial Institutions
- Assisted MSB in AML remediation and implementation of enterprise compliance program
- Provided strategic review, analysis and recommendation to growing community bank on regulatory implications of business plan
For further information please contact: Stan Stern, TechPar Regulatory Compliance Leader